Danske dating sites Rebild rzecz o mych smutnych dziwkach online dating
The privileges were extended by Eric of Pomerania in 1430 and by Christopher of Bavaria in 1441.
The town prospered, becoming one of the largest communities in Denmark.
A major exporter of grain, cement, and spirits, its thriving business interests include Siemens Wind Power, Aalborg Industries, and Aalborg Portland.
These companies have become global producers of wind turbine rotors, marine boilers and cement.
The first mention of Aalborg under its original name Alabu or Alabur is found on coins from c.
1040, the period when King Harthacnut (Hardeknud) settled in the area. 1075, Adam of Bremen reported that Alaburg, as he called it in German, was an important harbour for ships sailing to Norway.
Budolfi Church, now a cathedral, dates from the end of the 14th century and Aalborghus Castle, a royal residence, was built in 1550.
Other sports associations include the icehockey club Aalborg Pirates, the men's handball team Aalborg Håndbold, the rugby club Aalborg RK, and Aalborg Cricket Club. Kennedys Plads has connected the city to Randers and the south since 1869.The distance to Copenhagen is 412 kilometres (256 mi). Aalborg's position at the narrowest point on the Limfjord made it an important harbour during the Middle Ages, and later a large industrial centre.Architecturally, the city is known for its half-timbered mansions built by its prosperous merchants.The area around the narrowest point on the Limfjord attracted settlements as far back as the Iron Age leading to a thriving Viking community until around the year 1000 in what has now become Aalborg.In the Middle Ages, royal trading privileges, a natural harbour and a thriving herring fishing industry contributed to the town's growth.